Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Shelley in Costa Rica

Unfortunately I have to stay in Costa Rica for one more day. We are working on a mission called CRAVE - Costa Rica Aura Validation Experiment. The other WB-57 is flying a sensor for the Pluto New Horizon's rocket launch in Florida and since that mission slipped, so did the arrival of my replacement and subsequently my return home. I'm ready to get home to my boys. I miss them very much!


Here is a group picture of everyone in Houston for the instrument integration work. There are many more people down here in Costa Rica because the group includes more aircraft instrument scientists, balloon instrument scientists, Aura satellite instrument scientists and meteorologists.


Here is a picture of me in the cockpit during the preflight instrument upload before yesterday's flight.



Here is a picture of the WB-57 before takeoff yesterday with beautiful Costa Rica in the background.

2 comments:

Claire said...

How long were you gone?

Baccus Family said...

Hey Melanie!

I left on Saturday and returned on Thursday. It was WAY TOO LONG to be away from my boys!

-Shelley