Saturday, July 28, 2007

July 16-22 Minnesota Trip - Day 4, Thursday - The Como Zoo

Today was a very fun day. We always start our activities after Charlie’s morning nap and this morning we headed out to the Como Zoo. Grandma and I hadn’t been there in ages. It is a nice, cheap, compact zoo that isn’t too far away. We made it there around 11:30 and left around 1. We saw sea lions, orangutans, monkeys, gorillas, polar bears, fish, penguins, puffins, an ostrich, bison, lions, a leopard, a cougar, giraffes, and zebras. Once again Charlie started complaining a bit near the end. It is understandable, though. He just learned to crawl and we have been spending far too much time in the stroller for his likes.

One of the most exciting things for me at the zoo was the fact that they still had MOLD-A-RAMA machines. They are injection plastic molding machines that make you a little figurine before your very eyes. I remember them from my childhood and there they were – in their glory. I just couldn’t help from buying a polar bear. I really wanted the gorilla (buyer’s remorse). Oh well, maybe next time.





No comments: