Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 8th - The National Space Trophy Dinner

Friday night we went to the National Space Trophy Dinner, our annual black tie event. It was a wonderful night. Miles O'Brien was the master of ceremonies, our friend Zeb won a Stellar Award, and Mike Griffin (past NASA Administrator) won the National Space Trophy.

It was 13 days before my due date and I received lots of looks and comments. During the reception before dinner, a nice lady stopped me and said, "If anything happens, there is a nurse/midwife at table 35." I laughed and said, "If you hear screaming from table 40, just come running!"

The evening is always fun to share with Jenny and Ian.

I love when Miles O'Brien is the Master of Ceremonies. He is so funny!


They gave Mike Griffin this flight jacket and I was excited to see the WB-57 patch in the bottom center area.


Thanks to Lauren Harnett, JSC Photographer, for the great pictures at the event. I had the pleasure of working with Lauren on the C-9 when I was working with the Reduced Gravity Office last year. She takes great photographs!

No comments: