Sunday, November 08, 2009

October 28th - Space Center Houston Halloween Party

This was our first Halloween party of the year - the NASA Children's' Party at Space Center Houston. We've gone so many times that we have a "strategy". Dinner first, which is always pizza. Here are our well-behaved boys awaiting their dinner.


I love this shot of our man-of-mischief. He had been asking to wear a pirate costume for "pretend Halloween" and Spiderman for "real Halloween". So I ordered a pirate costume and just for fun, a Peter Pan costume for his sidekick, Charlie. Of course I could have predicted this outcome - Jack wanted to wear the Peter Pan costume. Good thing I didn't tell Charlie that I ordered the Peter Pan costume for him. He was happy to be Captain Hook.




I adopted a few new kids for trick-or-treating. I recently told someone that Emma was my first baby. Her mom was the first one of my friends to have a baby and I loved visiting her every week when Emma was a baby. Now look at our 9-year-old. (And did I mention she is brilliant?) At first, I was apprehensive when Jenny asked if we could take the girls around with our brood. 5 kids? But then I remembered something - THEY ARE GIRLS. Emma was great at herding our boys and keeping the group together. And Daisy was sweet as always.

Here Jack and Charlie are waiting for a girl to make them balloon ghosts, which were very cute. All night long, people called Jack "Robin Hood" which is probably why there is a picture of Peter Pan right on his costume.

This star made Josie smile for the first time all night. It was so cute. He was very sweet to her.

No comments: